Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Mixed Bag of Color Commentary

http://www.feministing.com/archives/011741.html#comments

GO JOE! Say what you want about the man, but at least he GENUINELY cares about women's issues. (Yes, conservative Republicans, I'm looking at YOU.)

Isn't it fantastic how the Republicans suddenly care about feminism? I mean....wow. They sure had me fooled! Allowing those with blatantly anti-woman views (Pat Buchanan, Rush Limbaugh) to ally themselves with him.

(Brief aside: Rush likes to talk about 'feminazis' a lot. Which means he's probably jerking off to some mental image of a bunch of us in thigh-high leather boots and skankified SS uniforms. And whips too, probably. There always seem to be whips.)

And OMG...on my drive to work, I see so many McCain/Palin signs that it's literally horrifying. I think my hair might actually be turning white from this. On the plus side, it's given us a clear signal of whose lawn we should TP this Halloween. ;) Bonus points if you hammer pegs into the lawn to spell out "Obama Rules!"

No, no, I don't actually advocate vandalism. I don't think it will help, but I feel a certain amount of schadenfraude in thinking about it. Look, I never said I was a nice woman.

Oh yeah....and a John McCain ad came in our mail today. No idea how that happened. I'm just impressed that it didn't burst into flames upon entering our home.

No comments: