Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ok, I'm over it now

After ranting about Palin for the past couple of days, I am ready to move on.

I plan on actively involving myself in the Obama/Biden campaign from here on out--I'll do whatever it takes to get them in office. I don't know if they can truly affect change, but they will most definitely keep things from getting worse. That's what I really care about most at this point.

I don't get paid much. I can't afford the gorram wage gap. I am a woman of childbearing age--I can't afford NOT to have birth control. One in four women are raped--there's no reason to think I am exempt from this statistic, and thus I can't afford NOT to have the care and vigilance necessary to see justice done--and I can't afford to waste nine months of my life reliving that horror just because my rights as a human being offend Jesus. Fuck that noise. Christianity's all right, but it doesn't belong in the government.

I'm tired of religious rhetoric--maybe we are a nation of faith, but it sure as hell hasn't gotten us anywhere. If I hear the word 'morals' one more time, I'm going to throw up on someone's shoes. Morals don't buy me a roof over my head or food on my table.

Bush didn't cheat on his wife (to be fair, no one would want him) but he was one of the most embarrassing presidents in history. He's a man of faith, but his brain seems to be out to lunch.

So let's try something different this time around. Vote with your gray matter, and we can make this country respectable again.

No comments: