Friday, April 10, 2009

Date Rape: The New Funny

Seth Rogen, you are a douchebag. I just saw the trailer, and I wanted to barf. If the trailer's that horrific, I can't imagine the movie is any better.

I won't post the link, but you can find it on Feministing. Don't look for the R-rated trailer on YouTube--the comments section will make you physically ill.

While I have a lethal sense of humor, I still don't understand how date rape can be considered humor. Yes, it is date rape, and no, I will not debate this. As Dr. Phil says, "It is what it is."

Call it seeing the forest for the trees. Or, in this case, trees running around with gigantic signs with trees on them in a tree parade with a huge banner that says "TREES RULE".

But, maybe I'm being too harsh. (In other words, I'm being too Chai Latte.) Perhaps date rape is hilarious after all, and not the serious breach of trust that we cranky feminists believe it to be.

....provided, of course, that you're the one wielding The Peen.

Seth Rogen, you are an asshole and I hate you. Please join Kyle Payne in his Human Torch routine ASAP.

No comments: