Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wow. Just wow.

Barack Obama is the President-Elect of the United States. I'm still a bit shell-shocked. After eight years of guarded cynicism, I finally see a glimmer of hope.

America had a choice: fear or hope. For the first time in eight years, America no longer has to be defined by fear. Now we're free of that fear, and I for one feel liberated and exhilarated.

But the greatest victory is the racial barrier that has prevented African-Americans from holding the highest office in the nation. It has come crumbling down, and thank God for that! Of course, racism isn't dead--there's still plenty of it in Washington--and pretty much everywere, really.

However, bear this in mind--once, black people were considered three-fifths of a person. Now, a black man is President of the United States, and leader of the free world.

I am grateful that I got to be a part of this great victory, and I hope it will be the first of many!

This brought tears to my eyes:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhuO5iXefghd1jpdSy4cngBYSaVBso4Wyfya9je5osBBZjOKgW7WG3rdq6qe1AjU7CntDcOu7dx_CFszt5A7rLDRQmsfzkgcwZ6FONN9x-6KdMO8Sc-lx8KqRcqJLTGtLN1DTIEVcEZsrk/s1600-h/ta081105.gif

No comments: